Many a times I have heard people, including my own self say – “Cricket is in my blood!”
But never before have I really given it a serious thought. But something happened the other day which actually made me keep all other thoughts aside and dedicate few moments to this topic!
I had some super-urgent work in my hand. Like, I was running against a deadline for completing and sending an episode of my tele serial. Was constantly looking at my phone and praying that it should not ring. And even if it does, the call should not be from my producers. Then there was a huge list of To-Do-Things staring right in my face. Wife had already dropped a couple of hints that she didnt like the couch potato in me. And mind you, that’s the most dangerous thing.
But in spite of so many things in my head (p.s. – they were all super urgent), I was constantly glued to the television set – watching a cricket match. And then, during the break, as I was getting frustrated at my own self for not being able to do things on time, suddenly this thought crossed my mind – What is so special about this sports which make me leave all other things on earth and watch it!
And the answer was – “Because Cricket is in My Blood!”
And then I actually sat down writing which are the things which confirms that the cricket is in my blood:
Cricket is in my blood because:-
- I can leave aside all urgent work, but would not miss a match.
- I can resort to any excuse which can promise me a day off from my work on the day of a special match. In other word, I can even lie for it.
- I can dare to challenge my wife’s wrath, but would not miss my match.
- I can add few pounds to my beer belly, and repent for it later! But while watching a cricket match, I wont want to think about it.
- I may otherwise postpone calling my cable guy for poor telecast quality, but on the day of the cricket, I wont even mind paying a visit to his office so that he can ensure a good picture quality.
- I would not care to hear the whole thing before saying ‘yes’ on that day. Even if that means wife asking for my credit card!
- I can turn a dancer and a singer every time there will be a sixer hit or a wicket taken by my team. Wont even care if my neighbours or maid are watching!
- I can even dare visit my most-nagging neighbour when my tv has some technical issues!
- And last, but not the least – I will actually be very sad if my team loses and may not get sleep for few hours that night!